Scalp MicropigmentationCosmetic Tattooing
Scalp Micropigmentation Course
Level of Learning: Advanced
Duration: 4 Days Practical Training (Does not include personal practice time – aproximately 4 months)
Scalp Micropigmentation (or Tricopigmentation) is a specialty which has derived from Micropigmentation. This procedure differs from facial and reconstructive applications and is specifically designed to provide a natural hair simulation solution for men and some women.
Tricopigmentation can be very effective for cases of Alopecia, male pattern baldness and scarring on the scalp. This procedure is also a very good enhancement for clients which have had a hair transplant but who require more density, or have scarring from the procedure. The pigments developed for Scalp Micropigmentation are absorbed by the immune system through phagocytosis in a span of two years maximum meaning the results can begin to fade after 6 months. In order to keep the result looking fresh and natural we recommend the clients return once a year for a maintenance application.
Our techniques and products differ from many of the main competitors and it causes less risk to the client because with the passing of time each dot of implanted pigment will simply fade away and the client will have no residue left on the scalp. We just have to wait to let the immune system do its job
Scalp Micropigmentation (also called Tricopigmentation) can be a good technique to camouflage scars on the scalp. We can’t heal the scar tissue but in most cases we are able to blend the scar with the natural hair. This process is very advanced and should be treated very carefully by well trained technicians only. Unfortunately Scalp Micropigmentation can’t be used to cover every scar due to the way the pigment will behave in certain types of tissue. Most scars can be treated effectively but we always need to make sure the scar tissue is stable and we need to work on it very carefully. Most scars on the scalp are due to previous Hair Transplants (FUE or FUT) but occasionally also other trauma can be the cause of these scars. The healing process for every individual is different and even in ideal skin conditions scars can unexpectedly change while still healing. We need to understand the different types of scars we might encounter in order to be able to asses if we can work on them or not.
Hair Loss Solution
Scalp Micropigmentation is rapidly growing in popularity as a treatment for hair loss. It is a perfect solution for hair simulation on its own or in combination with a Hair Transplant where it can increase the appearance of density. The technique we use requires that the special pigment is placed as micro dots (smaller than 1mm in size) and distributed correctly meaning that the spacing simulates the natural distance of hair follicles which is approximately 1 mm. The technique and products we have developed will offer you the best tool possible to create natural looking follicles as we will highlight later on.
When treating our clients we depend on the Norwood Scale to determine the level of baldness in men. Depending on the level of baldness we choose either a “Shaved Effect” or a “Density Effect
The Density Effect is only possible if there is enough hair left on the scalp. A density Effect can only be used if the amount of hair in the area to be treated is sufficient enough and the right length according to the rest of the hair in order to remain a natural look. When the difference is too big between the area to be treated and the area with hair the result will look unnatural. In this case we would advise the client to choose the Shaved Effect.
If there is not enough hair to work with the Density Effect the only option for the client is to choose the Shaved Effect. Many men already adopt a shaved look to minimise the appearance that they are balding. A short cut between 0.5mm and 1.5mm is the optimal length in combination with the Shaved Effect.
The Scalp Micropigmentation Course runs with the following learning schedule:
- Online Training Manual to be completed at home before your in class training begins
- 1 day in class where you will learn the principles and safe practices of Cosmetic Tattooing
- 1-2 days in class of practical hands-on training
- 2-3 months of practice at home
- 1-2 days of further training at the college
After training, you can expect to have the following:
- Understanding and knowledge of the definition of Scalp Micropigmentation
- Understanding and knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of Scalp Micropigmentation
- Knowledge in performing patch tests
- Practical experience in the Scalp Micropigmentation process
- Further understanding through reviews of treatments and post-treatment advice
In addition to what you can learn during the training sessions, students will also be enjoying the following perks:
- Supplies and materials will be provided by the college (tattoo machine is not included, you may use college machines while on campus)
- You will be trained using PUREBEAU medical grade equipment
- One on one teaching to guarantee a personal and student focused training session to suit individual learning. For salons who are booking training for more than one staff member we can offer a maximum of 3 students per class.
- Access to ongoing support from your trainer once your course has been completed
- Student discounts on our products and tools
- Flexibility to add additional modules of learning to tailor your training course
- PUREBEAU professional tattoo kit is not included in the course cost but can be purchased separately.
Because we want to make sure that you will complete our course as a fully trained and qualified cosmetic tattooist, we can provide you extra guaranteed time at no extra cost if you feel you are not yet confident enough or if you would need more practice.
Prerequisites: It is possible for participants with no medical or Beauty Therapy to enrol in this course however, it is advised that for best results students should have 1-2 years experience in cosmetic tattooing or a similar service.