Scar CamouflageCosmetic Tattooing
Level of Learning: Advanced
Scar Camouflage by Cosmetic Tattooing is a process where different colours of flesh tone pigments are used to disguise areas of skin discolouration. Skin discolouration can occur when the skin has suffered some form of injury, or skin disease. It is a specialised area of permanent cosmetics that falls under the category of Medical or Paramedical Tattooing. Scar camouflage should not be confused with scalp micropigmentation, which can be used to disguise scarring on the scalp that results in areas without hair. These procedures require advanced knowledge, training, skills, and experience in permanent cosmetics as well as an artistic eye for colour and skintones.
Scar camouflage is suitable for patients who suffer from:
• Surgical Scars
• Burn Marks
• Natural Hypo-pigmentation
The Scar Camouflage Course runs with the following learning schedule:
- Online Training Manual to be completed at home before your in class training begins
- 1 day in class where you will learn the principles and safe practices of Cosmetic Tattooing
- 1 day in class of practical hands-on training
After training, you can expect to have the following:
- Understanding and knowledge of the definition of Scar Camouflage
- Understanding and knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of Scar Camouflage
- Knowledge in performing patch tests and colour matching
- Practical experience in the Scar Camouflage process
- Further understanding through reviews of treatments and post treatment advice
In addition to what you can learn during the training sessions, students will also be enjoying the following perks:
- Supplies and materials will be provided by the college (tattoo kit is not included, you may use college kits)
- You will be trained using PUREBEAU medical grade equipment
- 1-2 students per class to guarantee a personal and student focusedtraining session. For salons who are booking training for more than 2 staff members we can offer a maximum of 3 students per class.
- Access to ongoing support from your trainer once your course has been completed
- Student discounts on our products and tools
- Flexibility to add additional modules of learning to tailor your training to your needs
PUREBEAU professional tattoo kit is not included in the course cost but can be purchased separately.
Because we want to make sure that you will complete our course as a fully trained and qualified cosmetic tattooist, we can provide you extra guaranteed time at no extra cost if you feel you are not yet confident enough or if you would need more practice.
Prerequisites: It is possible for participants with no medical or Beauty Therapy.